The Captain serves as Pilot in Command (PIC) for flights to which they are assigned. On occasion Captains may also be designated to serve as Second in Command (SIC) on a flight or series of flights. Captains report to the Chief Pilot or his designee, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Captain duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Captain, as PIC, is the final authority for the safe operation of the aircraft.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with the FAA regulations, Company Flight Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, LOA’s, Flight Manuals, etc. and other instructions pertinent to the position.
- Be familiar with all available information required for safe operation of each flight to which assigned.
- Conduct proper pre-flight planning prior to each flight including, but not limited to: weather analysis, airport suitability, routing, aircraft loading and performance calculations, aircraft airworthiness determination, etc.
- Utilize CRM skills to maintain a high degree of crew coordination, performing duties in a professional, efficient, and cordial manner at all times.
- Mentor First Officers and direct their activities when assigned as SIC ensuring that flight crewmembers understand fully and completely what individual duties they are expected to perform.
- Promote and foster a safe operating environment, proactively contributing to Mayo Aviation’s Safety Management System.
- Ensure compliance with all security procedures and directives.
- Maintain a current First-Class medical certificate and notify the Chief Pilot should a medical condition impair your ability to perform as a crewmember.
- Maintain all FAA and Company currency requirements.
- As a key representative of the company, present a professional image in all environments and ensure assigned crewmembers present likewise.
- Ensure all crewmembers are providing the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Work effectively with and assist other team members as necessary to meet client expectations.
Bachelor degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- ATP certificate with multi-engine land rating.
- First-Class medical certificate.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
- Minimum flight experience required:
- 2000 hours total fixed-wing flight time.
- 1500 hours PIC fixed-wing flight time (PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls).
- 1000 hours turbine time.
- Single-pilot turbine experience preferred.
- Mountain experience preferred.
- Phenom 100 type rating preferred.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Read, write and speak fluently the English language.
- Successfully pass the following checks:
- Pre-employment DOT drug screen.
- PRIA background check.
- Criminal History Records Check.
- Ability to relocate within 45 miles of the Aspen, CO (KASE) airport.
Working conditions are those of a typical flight operation. The working environment is subject to varying locations and climatic conditions, variable hours and time zone changes, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise from aircraft and ground equipment.
The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, bending and lifting of bags and equipment.
- Medical (HDHP and PPO), dental, and vision insurance for employees, their spouses and dependents
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Short and long-term disability - 100% company paid
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance - 100% company paid with buy-up option for employee and family
- 401(k) retirement plan (discretionary match) - Eligible within the first 30 days
- Aflac (supplemental cancer, hospital, and accident protection)
- Unlimited Time Off
- Mortgage Program though Cross Country Mortgage
- Uniform allowance: $300 per year
- Cell phone allowance: $15 per month
- FAA medical allowance: $90 per physical and $70 per EKG
- Passport fee: 100% of normal, non-expedited amount
- Dry cleaning uniform allowance: 100% of dry cleaning cost
- Per Diem when traveling:$2.75/hour domestic and $2.96/hour international
- Known Crew Member - available
- Employee Discounts
- Verizon Wireless
- Key Bank Services
- Access Perks
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. All positions are subject to a background check and drug test. Mayo Aviation Inc. is an EEOC employer.