The Chief Pilot is responsible for the standards of the operations department ensuring that each flight is conducted with the highest degree of safety and that flight crew members maintain a professional appearance and etiquette which reflects the high standards of the company.
He or she will promote excellence, team work and accountability and make sure that each flight is conducted in accordance with company standards. The Chief Pilot will be detailed oriented and have excellent team building and communications skills.
- Plan, organize, and manage the daily activities of the maintenance department to ensure daily work plan is accomplished in accordance with company policies.
- Establishes the business need and obtains funding approval for additional resources as required.
- Oversees the hiring process including candidate selection, interviewing and placement.
- Will ensure that the on boarding and qualification process is completed prior to releasing personnel for service.
- Assigns and manages Lead Pilots for the various managed aircraft.
- Works with sales and operational planning to ensure safe and efficient use of company resources to maximize revenue potential.
- Manages a Standard Evaluation program to ensure company and owner expectations are aligned with performance.
- Conducts performance reviews for flight crews and applicable operations personnel on an established schedule.
- Ensures regulatory compliance is demonstrated in all flight department records, crew qualifications, flight and duty logs.
- Works with the Director of Safety and Director of Operations to find comprehensive fixes as required by the safety and hazard reporting system.
- Works with flight crews and Flight Control to mitigate risk identified by the Risk Analysis and Assessment Tools.
- Oversees the development and currency of the aircraft and company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Will assist the Director of Operations when external audits are being conducted.
- Responds to internal and external audit findings as directed by the Director of Operations.
Education or Formal Training
- STRONG MANAGERIAL SKILLS
- INDEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF THE PART 135 REGS AND INDUSTRY
- ABILITY TO MULTI TASK
- PROJECT ORIENTED
- ATP pilot rating
- Turbojet type rating
- College degree or equivalent industry experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- 2+yrs Flight department management experience
- International flying experience, preferably to Europe or in the Pacific region
- Minimum 5000 hrs flight time
- 1500 Turbine
- 500 Turbojet
- Computers and electronic media sufficient to meet the requirements of this Job Description
- Medical (HDHP and PPO), dental, and vision insurance for employees, their spouses and dependents
- Earn up to $1000 per year for eligible medical expenses
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Short and long-term disability - 100% company paid
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance - 100% company paid with buy-up option for employee and family
- 401(k) retirement plan (discretionary match) - Eligible within the first 30 days
- Aflac (supplemental cancer, hospital, and accident protection)
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Uniform allowance: $300 per year
- Cell phone allowance: $15 per month
- FAA medical allowance: $90 per physical and $70 per EKG
- Passport fee: 100% of normal, non-expedited amount
- Dry cleaning uniform allowance: 100% of dry cleaning cost
- Per Diem when traveling:$2.62/hour domestic and $2.83/hour international
- Known Crew Member - available
- Employee Discounts
- Verizon Wireless
- Key Bank Services
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. All positions are subject to a background check and drug test. Mayo Aviation Inc. is an EEOC employer.